Tuesday 23 November 2010


Nicolas Bourriaud- Post Production
Culture as Screenplay: How art reprograms the world.


This is possibly the most inspirational thing I have read (although I hate the notion of inspirational writing)

The quality of a work depends on the trajectory it describes in the cultural landscape. It constitutes a linkage between forms, signs and images.



We must stop interpreting the world, stop playing walk-on parts in a script written by power. We must become its actors or co-writers.


Citizens would gain autonomy and freedom if they could participate in the construction of the “bible” of the social sitcom instead of deciphering its lines.




I've been interested in Bourriaud for a while, long before my conceptual obsessions began, when my foundation course tutor mentioned altermodernism, but it wasn't until recently I was recommended some of his other works (Relational Aesthetics in particular, although I haven't got hold of that yet).
It's a strange moment in when you realise that art theory applies not only to your work but also life. But then again I have been saying ART IS LIFE for a while now.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP